Share this post
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with all things Wikipedia, Article Writing,
and many more
10 Tips On How To Write Awesome Website Content
What is website content? What do you need to know regarding writing website content? Well, these are questions that most writers ask themselves as they venture into the content writing market.
A study shows that when people visit a website, they spend 15 seconds or even less than that to read a post. Thousands of content are posted every day on websites but does it all get viewed? The real question is when readers visit your page, do you give them a good reason to stay or leave your site?
Website content is a very important part of developing and growing a website. Depending on how good or bad it is, website content can either build or break a website. And so, in this post today, we have compiled tips that will help you build website content that will get your page visitors to stay on your web page.
This article will cover the following:
- What is website content?
- Why is website content important?
- How to write website content?
- 10 tips on How to write awesome website content
- 10 Website content writing ideas
If you want to find out how to write website content that will get your page visitors hooked up to your website, continue reading to find out.
What Is Website Content
Website content refers to the content in the form of text, visual or audio posted on a website for online users to view. Usually, the text found on a web page is used to guide readers as they navigate through the website.
The main pages that build a website are the homepage, service page, about us, and the FAQs section. In fact, website content is the cornerstone used to anchor a website. That is, a website content writer will create website content based on the goals of a business and its target audience.
Website content is used to guide an audience to view a particular website. Readers will visit a web page depending on the information they are looking for to answer the questions they have.
For instance, if you write about “health tips” when people search for the term “health tips” on google, your website will be among the search results. This is, however, possible if only your website content is fully SEO optimized using keywords and specific phrases on the subject of interest.
Why is website content important?
Website content is important in several ways, such as:
- It is useful to drive traffic to a website by attracting more page visitors.
- Website content can be used to persuade readers to make a purchase of a product/service.
- Website content is an important channel to pass information to the public.
- It can also help generate leads by using call-to-action (CTAs).
- It is an important way to get readers to perform an action such as signing up for newsletters, leaving feedback on a post, or downloading an eBook.
These are just but a few examples of why website content is important to a website. Depending on the goal of a given website, website content can be beneficial in various ways.
How to Write Website Content?
Knowing “what is website content” is just the first step in website content writing. The real deal is knowing how to write website content that will help you build a successful website.
You might be looking for ideas that will help improve your website content writing game, and maybe you are wondering how you can build an awesome website. Well, the good news is, you don’t have to worry anymore. We have all the answers for you.
We have broken down the major ideas into simple steps that will help you understand how to write website content that will make you stand out from the crowd.
10 tips on How to write awesome website content
Let’s take a look at the 10 tips on how to write excellent website content.
1| Find out what is the purpose of your website content
For starters, before you even start creating content for your website, you have to establish what your primary objective is. What do you want to achieve in writing website content? Is your website targeting a specific goal? Where do you have to start from?
These are some of the questions that you should ask yourself before you start writing website content. Essentially, it comes down to this, you cannot write about something that you don’t know. So, see what you are after (your goals) in website content writing so that you can focus all your energies on that.
You may start writing website content for a website to accomplish things like:
- To get readers to sign up for newsletters.
- To encourage page visitors to buy a product or service.
- Build traffic that will support the adverts you post on your web page. Etc.
Once you find out what your main goal is, you will have successfully found the first piece of the puzzle. Now it’s time to get to the next step.
2| Establish who your target audience is
If you know what you are aiming to achieve through website content writing, it is now time to look for an audience that resonates with your goals.
Ask yourself the following questions to get a better idea of your audience:
- Who am I looking to attract to my website? You will attract people to your site depending on what you publish. For instance, if you are writing website content about home appliances, you will get readers who are looking for more information about gadgets for their homes.
- How are people going to land on my page? It is essential that you understand where your readers or subscribers are coming from so that you can know how to position your web content to help them get to you easily.
- What are they interested in? Knowing what excites your readers will help you create web content that will be engaging and relevant to them.
- What keywords will they be searching for? Do some digging to find out the probable keywords and phrases that your readers will be searching for to help you optimize your website content.
You can use a tool like Alexa to analyze your website’s target audience and help you research the best audience that you should target.
3| Research your competitors
Good website content writing is not only about your website. It is a brilliant idea to see how your competitors are doing, to get some fresh ideas on how you can do better and get ahead of the website content writing game.
Comparing your website to other websites is a good idea and will bring good results that will positively impact your website content creation.
Here is why:
- Your page visitors are also viewing your competitors’ sites as well. Find out what they are reading on those websites to see where you can improve or offer something different and better on your website.
- You will be able to see the new trends in the industry of web content. This will help you identify new strategies and tactics used by your competitors.
- It can bring new inspirations and ideas on topics that you can write about.
- You can use other websites to benchmark your website performance in terms of traffic, keywords, and backlinks. Using this intel, you can set goals to help you rank higher in search engines.
Now that you have a clear understanding of your audience and your competitors, you will now have an idea of what you want to write about.
4| Organize your content to fit on your website pages
Before you begin website content writing, ensure that you have a plan of how your pages should look and fit together on your website.
If you are creating a new website, use a wireframe to help layout the topics that you will cover on your website content.
Having a plan on how you want your website content to appear will help you establish the following:
- What pages do you need on your site?
- The purpose of the pages on your website
- How page visitors will navigate through each page.
Keep in mind that when writing website content, some pages will require longer and more detailed content, while others, like sidebar blurbs, will need to be short.
Your website content should be put together and displayed in different ways depending on the purpose that they need to serve.
5| Start writing content for your web pages
Writing website content is the most crucial part of building a successful website. You will want to write relevant and valuable information and, at the same time, attract your readers’ attention.
Let’s take a look at what you should observe when writing website content:
- Use magnetic headlines and intros; the quickest way to get readers to stay interested in reading your content is by using a headline that will make them intrigued. Follow up with an opening sentence that will make them want to finish reading the entire post.
- Choose topics that resonate with your audience; write about subjects and topics that will address the pain points of your readers and provide solutions to specific problems.
- Go straight to the point; when writing website content, don’t waste the time of your readers. Instead, go directly to a point you want to talk about and start discussing it.
- Be simple and clear; avoid using complex tones or languages that will be hard to understand. Use short and simple sentences to bring out your ideas. Also, prevent terminologies that are difficult to understand to avoid confusing your readers.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists; where necessary, format your content using bullets and numbered lists to improve readability.
- Use correct grammar; your content should have no grammatical errors. However, if it sounds natural, you can break some grammar rules to make your content enjoyable. Remember, this is not academic writing with strict rules. Spice up your writing by ending a sentence with prepositions if it adds more meaning to your content.
- Use active voice; when writing website content, express your thoughts as if you are having a one-on-one talk with your readers.
6| Use non-copy elements to improve the visual of your website content
The layout of your website should be easy to read and navigate so that it may look more appealing to the eyes of anyone who is viewing your page.
Website content writing involves more than just writing a copy. If you want to create solid website content and landing pages that will convert, then you will also want to focus on using non-copy elements on your website content.
The non-copy elements will help you to break up text into something more attractive and exciting to the eyes. They include:
- White spaces.
- Line breaks
- Using different background colors.
- Text call-outs.
Putting some effort into designing how your website content appears will increase the chances of readers feeling more at ease while viewing your website.
7| Edit your website content
Once you have finished writing website content for your pages, put it aside for a couple of hours. Then revisit it later when you are relaxed and read it through with fresh eyes to see how you can polish it.
What you will be editing is:
- Weak choices of words
- Unclear sentences
- Weak headlines
- Adding links on relevant topics to your website.
After editing your website content, it’s time for the next step.
8| Use SEO to optimize your website content
It is apparent that you want your website content to be read by as many people as possible. How can you achieve that? Well, the best way to go about it is using SEO to optimize your page.
You can use keywords and phrases to optimize your website content in the following ways:
- On the page title and the headlines of your web page.
- On subheadings in your content.
- Image tags of the images you have attached in the content.
- On the page summary.
- On the title tag.
- In the body text and the conclusion of your content.
9| Encourage readers to take action
One of the importance of website content is to help you get readers to take action. It is time to get to that. Use call-to-action (CTAs) to make readers follow up with a step towards something after reading your website content.
It may be signing up for a newsletter, purchasing a product, or subscribing to your articles. Make sure that your CTAs are very clear about what you want readers to do. When you are clear about what you want, that’s the only way to convince your readers to act.
Use words like sign up, subscribe, learn more or join in your CTAs to help convince your readers to take part in a specific activity.
10| Provide testimonials
Another effective way to boost your website content writing is using testimonials and feedback that you got from your clients to back up your content. It might be feedback from a customer who enjoyed your services or a success story from one of your readers who used the tips you shared to do something.
This will help remove doubts from readers who are looking forward to trying some of your products or services that you shared in your website content.
10 Website content writing ideas
Now that you know the 10 tips on how to write awesome content let’s look at some website content writing ideas that you can use when writing website content.
1| Brand Goals
You can create website content that shares the goals of your brand for the coming months. Share helpful information about new products, new programs, or improved policies for services offered.
Use listicles to keep your followers posted about valuable tips and ideas about a specific topic.
For example, write blogs or articles that use headlines like 10 tips on how to write awesome website content or 10 website content writing ideas.
Listicles are easy to get your followers to view your content because they are short and simple to read.
3| Discounted items
You can write website content to advertise discounts on old products to make way for new ones. A good way to go about it is to promote discounted items during special events like Valentine’s Day or Christmas to improve your sales.
Using giveaways for your website content is also an excellent way to engage with your audience. You can ask your followers to participate in an event like downloading an eBook or making a purchase for your product to get a free gift.
5| Video tutorials
You can step up a notch and share a video tutorial on a specific topic that your audience would want to know. This can be an excellent opportunity to do video marketing or showcase a product and how to use it in your video tutorial.
6| Book reviews
Create website content of a book review to urge the readers to check out a specific book. You can review a business book or a guide with instructions on how to do something depending on what your audience likes.
Website content writing can become a way of motivating your readers using quotes that will uplift their souls. You can also share funny or famous quotes with a caption like “quote of the day” and ask your readers to give their thoughts about it in the comment section.
8| FAQs on what is website content
Another way to boost your website content writing is by using FAQs to provide your readers with the answers to the most disturbing questions.
You can use eBooks as one of the website content writing ideas to provide your readers with downloadable PDF formats with much detailed information about a particular topic.
Use Infographics to help readers learn something in a visual way. Use an infographic design to explain a complex subject about a particular topic or statistics in your website content.
I hope by the end of reading this post, you will have answers to the most asked question in content writing, such as “What is website content?” or “How to write website content?”
To wrap it up, if you want to have a successful career in website content writing, I suggest that you use the “10 tips on how to write awesome website content” and the “10 Website content writing ideas” provided in this post. Writing website content doesn’t have to be hard once you implement the guidelines shared in this article.
However, if you encounter issues in writing website content, you can reach us at (Wiki Pages Creator) to hire our talented website content writers, who will assist you in writing awesome website content.
That’s all for today!
No related posts found
We could not find anything here