Share this post
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with all things Wikipedia, Article Writing,
and many more
SEO Optimization And Tips On How To Optimize Your Website For SEO
Nowadays, the key ingredient for success for most websites is, without a doubt, SEO Optimization. In fact, SEO is currently considered a key marketing activity. Not all of us have a large amount of money to run Google ads and drive more traffic to our business. However, if you can do google SEO correctly for your website, then you will definitely improve your SEO ranking tremendously. Therefore, this is why it is important to learn how to optimize your website for SEO. Alternatively, you can hire an SEO expert to help optimize your site according to the latest search engine optimization standards.
So, in this SEO optimization guide, we will discuss:
- What is SEO, and how does it work?
- How to optimize your website for SEO for search engine
- The blog SEO tips to improve your SEO ranking.
- Why is SEO important?
What is SEO, and how does SEO optimization work?
Let's first start by answering the big question: what is SEO?
The term SEO stands for 'Search Engine Optimization,' which refers to the process of setting up your website, page, blog, etc., to get free organic traffic from natural search engines' results. The main aim of SEO is to improve site SEO ranking, which means improving your site's position in search results pages of a search engine. Keep in mind that the higher your site ranks in search engine results, the more people will see it.
So, how does it work? To understand this, let's discuss how search engines work.
How do search engines work?
Well, search engines work by following three key functions: crawling, indexing, and ranking.
- Crawling: This is a process in which a search engine scrubs through the internet for content. For each URL the search engine finds, it will be looking over the content or code within that URL, which can therefore be indexed.
- Indexing: This is a process in which search engines organize and store all the content found while crawling the internet. And after page indexing, the page will now be ready to be displayed in the search engine's results as per relevant search queries.
- Ranking: This is a process where the search engine ranks contents focusing on the search query. The content displayed in a search engine will be organized from the most relevant to the least relevant.
So, you're probably wondering how this relates to SEO optimization. Well, the thing is, the search query is ideally a keyword, and the keyword is the key that will help you optimize your blog, article, page, or website. Optimization is mainly based on what search engine user searches while looking for information online. And so, the keyword can be a single word, a phrase, or a question.
If you want to learn more about these three primary functions, you can check out the guide on how search engines work.
How to optimize your website for SEO for search engine
There are several factors that affect Blog's SEO, such as index data, page speed, and mobile responsiveness. These factors actually dictate how your SEO optimization will perform on search engines. And so, here are the CORE key tips to help you optimize blog content for search engines.
1. Audience identification
Before you even start doing keyword research, identifying your audience and knowing more about them is crucial. This is simply because they are going to be your primary audience, and getting the best out of them means you need to know what they like to consume.
Also, by identifying your audience, you are creating buyer personas that help you understand your audience's demographics, psychographics, and buying behaviors. Therefore, this makes it easy to create effective targeted content that will improve your blog conversation.
2. Conduct keyword research
After creating a buyer persona, now it's time to determine what type of content they like consuming. Ideally, you will be searching for keywords of the most searched terms or phrases from your target audience. Remember, regardless of what industry or niche your blog focuses on, there are always people searching for content in that niche.
However, it is important to note that keyword research can be a bit hectic, and sometimes, it may take time to create a good list of keywords for one blog post. But it is always good and much easier to start with general topics you would like to cover on your blog. After that, you can expand or contract the scope.
3. Write a catchy title
Now that you've conducted keyword research and identified the keywords to work with let's now talk about content writing. Your blog post title is, in fact, the first element with which and potential audience will interact. For example, if I google search something and your blog post appears on the first page, among others, I will have to choose which blog to read. But the real question: I'm I really and fully the one making that choice? Well, the answer is not really.
For most people to click on your blog post, you need to have piqued their interest through:
- Creating curiosity,
- Using data, or
- Asking a question
Here is an excellent example of a catchy headline:
"4 Key Elements of a Perfect Blog Post According to Experts"
A catchy title should include the following elements according to Coscheduler's Headline Analyzer:
- Uncommon, and
- common words
And so, the types of titles that combine the right proportions of these elements will, without a doubt, capture the reader's attention.
4. Remember to include an enticing CTA
To improve your overall blog post-conversion or traffic, you need to include an enticing CTA. The fact is, call to action can be used in several ways or for several reasons such as:
- For newsletter subscription,
- To sell a product or service, or
- To make the reader consume more of your content.
However, you should avoid including CTAs just for the purpose of inclusion. Instead, you should ensure your CTA naturally flow with the rest of your content and is relevant to the current topic.
Try experimenting on each of the different types of CTAs to understand which one works best for you. The most common CTA types are widgets, hyperlinks, and buttons.
5. Add visuals to your content
Visuals are very important for specific keywords, and search engines such as Google do value visuals so much. So, try including images and videos relevant to your content to boost your blog post-performance. Therefore, how do you make the best of visuals to boost your SEO ranking?
Here are some of the things you should try:
- Use original videos and photos
- If not, you can design creative and enticing graphics
- Add alt text to all your visuals within that specific blog post.
Alt text, for example, plays a crucial part when for your visuals. Basically, it determines whether your visual will appear in the SERP or not. And if it appears, how high will it rank. It also helps visually impaired readers.
6. Try focusing on improving the reader's experience
Most SEO and blogging experts will tell you that reader's experience is the key and most important element of a successful blog. Based on my 10-years experience, I will say this claim is, in fact, 100% true. Remember, Article writing is a skill you have to learn and improve to create effective content.
And so, what does it means when we say focus on the reader's experience? Well, the key point is creating a clear, comprehensive, and engaging post that meets the reader's needs. Here are some of the things that will make your content reader-oriented:
- Scannable content: Use subheadings and bullet points to enhance content scanability.
- Conversation tone: Of course, you can choose to use another tone. However, the most productive one is usually a conversational tone.
- Transitional words: Remember, despite having scannable content, you want to make content easy to read. Therefore, transition words can enhance the flow of your post.
- Short sentences: No one likes reading long, complex sentences because they end up being confusing most of the time. But instead, when you make sentences short, then you're making them easy to read.
- Short paragraphs: Besides short sentences, having short paragraphs comprising of 2-3 senses is ideal. A whole huge blog of text is never attractive as it increases the reding complexity. So, opt for short paragraphs and boost your reader's experience.
- Add visuals: Finally, the point we've already discussed. Not only will it improve your blog SEO, but visuals are also great when it comes to improving your blog readers' experience
With that said, let's now see the blog SEO tips that you can take advantage of.
The blog SEO optimization tips to improve your SEO ranking.
Note: These tips don't cover all the SEO rules; instead, they highlight some of the key SEO optimization strategies that can improve overall google SEO and ranking. Basically, I will call them On-page SEO practical solutions that you can do by yourself:
1. Start by researching for 1-2 keywords (preferably long-tail keywords)
Focusing on one or two keywords will help you avoid keyword stuffing which usually hurts your SEO. Additionally, long-tail keywords are the most recommended type of keywords that will help your post perform better.
But, why choose long-tail keywords, not short-tail keywords?
Well, most long tails keywords are questions based, and they are more impactful than short keywords. Furthermore, if you chose one or two long-tail keywords, then you can easily focus on optimizing those keywords using short-tail and other related long-tail keywords.
For example, a long-tail keyword like "How to create a YouTube channel" will be more productive than the short tail keyword "YouTube channel."
2. Ensure to use Keywords strategically throughout your content
Strategic use of keywords throughout a blog post is very important. Incorporating your focus keywords on parts like title, subtitles, introduction, Post URL, and meta description will boost your SEO optimization.
3. Optimize the meta description
A meta description is a short text of about 160 characters that usually appear in SERPs. This text's primary goal is to let readers know what the link is about and so you should include keywords there.
The key to an effective meta description is that it should:
- Be compelling
- Be reader-friendly
- Contain the focus keyword, which is your 'long-tail keyword.'
The picture below keyword incorporated in the meta description:
So, if you were searching the term "what is SEO?" or 'Search engine optimization,' you can note that both terms are included in meta. Based on the above picture, you can realize that the meta description clearly explains what to expect in that link.
4. Optimize for mobile devices.
Google always shows mobile-friendly results first for all searches done via phone. Therefore, this explains why you should optimize your blogpost to be mobile device friendly.
The fact is, most search engine searches are usually completed via phone instead of a computer. This is simply because most people use mobile phones most of the time when searching for something. Google has been heavily favoring mobile-friendly websites since April 2015, when it updated its Penguin algorithm.
And so, how do you make a mobile-friendly blog?
To make your blog mobile-friendly, you should use a responsive design.
5. Include image alt text
Visuals are very important to every blog post. And besides having well-structured, well-optimized text that is high quality and engaging, that isn't enough. Adding images to your content is important, but remember to include alt text to every image you add to your blog post.
So, why is alt text important? You may ask.
Alt text basically tells the search engine what that image is since it doesn't see the image as we humans do. Additionally, adding images helps improve your blog post user experience (UX).
Here is an example of good alt text:
6. Ensure to link your post to a related blogpost
Backlinks are very influential to the performance of your blog. This is simply because it plays a significant role in determining how high your blog will rank. But that's not all, even adding interlinks within each of your blog posts will impact your blog performance as well.
Inbound links to your blog post are other important links that will help improve your site's reputation in search engines. Basically, these links help to show your content's validity or relevancy to search engines, which in turn boost your SEO optimization (Google ranking).
7. Try publishing evergreen content.
Evergreen content is very important in maintaining your SEO ranking. Therefore, if you can be able to always publish evergreen content, then try doing so. An evergreen content here is the topics that are valuable and will remain relevant for a long period of time. These types of content are important because:
- The continual generation of traffic will always be generating leads over time.
- Your content and blog will rank over time, not just for a couple of months
- Ensure a steady amount of traffic is coming to your website over a long period of time.
8. Update existing content.
Removing outdated content, and updating and repurposing your existing content is another essential thing that will boost your SEO ranking. Updating content is way more impactful than creating new content simply because it takes researching topics, writing content, uploading, optimizing, and gaining authority with a new blog.
Updating content also helps you extend the lifespan of your work rather than throwing them away. So, if the content is still currently relevant, there is no need to remove it or create a new one. Instead, you can add or remove some parts of it and maybe update its keywords to ensure it's up-to-date.
Why is SEO important?
Every day there are over billions of searches that are being conducted online by people with different intentions. Therefore, this means the specific, high-intent traffic amount is really high, and if utilized well, you can make lots of money. Specific, high-intent traffic is a type of search that is seen to have commercial intent.
Ideally, many people go online and search for products or services to purchase. This is just one benefit of SEO, but what are the other benefits of SEO?
- It boosts your blog (website) credibility: The higher your site ranks in the search engine, the more credible it is considered to be. Most people usually view the sites ranked on top or on the first page of a search engine to be more trustworthy than the other ones.
- Enable content marketing: Ideally, most people nowadays see SEO as a very effective marketing tool. Of course, SEO is not everything when it comes to your content success, but it is the core ingredient for success. By optimizing your high-quality content to rank for certain keywords, you're giving it the best lifeline.
- Helps boost your ranking in local searches: Nearly 80% of local searches that are usually done via mobile devices lead to conversions. Furthermore, currently local searches like "car dealers near me" are becoming more common. And so, since most local searches are often ready to purchase a product or service, you should, therefore, use local SEO strategies if you're offering localized services.
- Helps your content reach more people: Good SEO optimization techniques will help your site rank high. And as soon as your content ranks on the first page for certain keywords, you will be reaching more people, which in turn attracts more traffic to your site.
- Make your website Search engine friendly: The main aim of SEO is to make sure your site meets search engine guidelines.
- Boost your blog conversion: SEO optimization is essential in increasing your blog traffic. And the more you increase your blog's traffic, the more you increase your number of blog conversions. But remember, you need to ensure you have created well-curated content that will utilize your ranking and the amount of traffic you end up gaining each day.
Well, and that's all about SEO Optimization Tips. I hope you have learned a thing or two about optimizing your website for SEO.
SEO has lots of benefits, but you have to ensure your article writing skills are top-notch to get the best of SEO. If you are not yet good with content writing, you can reach out to our Wiki page creators expert to help with this.
Otherwise, thanks for your time; see you in the next post.
No related posts found
We could not find anything here