Share this post
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with all things Wikipedia, Article Writing,
and many more
Things To Do to Ensure That Wikipedia Approves Your Page
In our previous blogs, we discussed how to create a Wikipedia page and the reasons why your Wikipedia page can be declined. However, we haven't talked about what you have to do to ensure your Wikipedia page gets approved by Wikipedia, and that's simply what we will be discussing today in this blog.
And so, with that said, let's get started!
6 Tips on how to get a Wikipedia page approved
There are some simple yet clever tips and tricks within any craft that can help you achieve or enhance your chances of getting something. And so, when it comes to creating a Wikipedia page, there are some tips and tricks you can apply to ensure a quick approval process.
Here are some of those key tips to keep in mind when creating your Wikipedia page:
1. Go through Wikipedia guidelines
- Before you even move on to creating a Wikipedia account, it is essential that you are aware of all guideline that governs wiki page creation. These guidelines include things like:
- The Notability Guidelines: These guidelines instruct writers to ensure that their topic has a certain amount of notability on the internet. For example, if it is a company or a person, they should have a certain level of online presence to be considered notable.
- The Conflict-of-Interest Guidelines: These guidelines are basically there to ensure the tone used in all content published on Wikipedia pages is unbiased. Therefore, the content of your writing should not be misleading, only facts, and be neutral. Be sure to check the Wikipedia COI guide to ensure you're on the right track.
- The Researched Material: All the information published on Wikipedia has to be facts, which means they have to be verifiable. Therefore, source your content from verifiable sources to improve your chances of getting approved.
- Vandalism: Ensure you stay away from this act as it will make Wikipedia block doors for your account to get approved.
2. Create a Wikipedia account
Becoming a registered user of Wikipedia comes with lots of benefits. For example, being a registered user allows you to receive messages about changes made by other users on your articles.
Basically, creating a Wikipedia account is like creating a dashboard where you can manage Wikipedia activities. And, in fact, through a Wikipedia account, you can find an option to create a Wikipedia user page.
3. Do thorough research on your topic
The main aim of this step is to ensure that the topic you are going to choose is not already covered. So, how do you do this?
On the Wikipedia search bar, type the topic you want to write on. If the results appear in red, it means the topic has not been covered, and you can write about it. However, if the results appear in blue, then it means the topic is already covered.
4. Avoid promotional tone content
Wikipedia usually considers content that is written in a promotional tone to be biased content. But why so? Well, this is simply because they are not written in a neutral tone which is recommended for writing Wikipedia articles.
Furthermore, this tone violates the COI guidelines.
5. Use proper formatting and credible sources
Formatting and citation are among the key fundamentals of getting Wikipedia approval. So, start by mapping down the reader's journey, where they will start and end. After that, you can move on to finding credible sources for your content.
Citing your source using credible sources is essential to getting your Wikipedia article approved.
Examples of credible sources are:
- Published books
On the other hand, blogs are far less credible and may not be acceptable. And so, don't rely on such external sources.
6. Proofread your content before submitting
You can't submit content with several grammatical or typing errors because it will quickly get flagged off. Therefore, it is ideal to thoroughly go through your work when you're done writing. Check and remove all grammatical errors.
You can even use applications like Grammarly to help you with highlighting and removing these errors. After that, you can now submit your article for review.
Besides the above tips, there are other things you can do or utilize to improve your chances of getting your Wikipedia page approved.
These things include:
- Wikipedia Sandbox: This is a tool that allows you to practice composing an article on Wikipedia. Here, you can compose and submit your article to the community of contributors. This community will help evaluate and give their feedback on what you can improve on. By doing this, you can avoid lots of mistakes next time and improve your chances of getting Wikipedia approval.
- Make shorter sentences articles: These enhance the readability of your content which is vital if you want a compelling professional Wikipedia page.
No related posts found
We could not find anything here