Fri May 13 2022
BLOG CONVERSION: WAYS TO CONVERT BLOGS TRAFFIC TO CUSTOMERS
Share this post
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with all things Wikipedia, Article Writing, and many more
Blog Conversion: 12 Ways To Ensure High Traffic To Customers
Are your blogs converting less than you want them to? Do you want to know tips that can help you improve your blog conversion rate? Well, if that's the case, then this is the ideal post for you. In this post, I will share some conversion blog ideas on how to convert blog readers to customers or how you can improve your conversion rate optimization blog.
Nothing is frustrating as writing content and not getting it to the right audience as you want. First things first, you need to have the right audience if you want your blogs to sell.
Gaining traffic on a website takes more than just creating content. When running a blog website, other than the traffic you're aiming for, blog conversion is another essential piece of the puzzle. The two have to exist simultaneously in order to have a high blog conversion rate.
And so, in this post, we'll take a look at the following:
- 12 actionable ways to convert blog traffics to customers.
- What is a good blog conversion rate?
- Importance of blog posts that convert.
Let's get started!
What is blog conversion?
Blog conversion can be described as the moment that a website visitor acts towards completing a certain goal on that website. In most cases, filling in a form is the common way of conversion on a website. Often, most website visitors may complete a form by filling in their contact details while on a blog post page.
Website visitors may also do the following on a blog post:
- Sign up for newsletters.
- Subscribe to the updates of a blog.
- Sign up for a webinar and other digital events.
- Get demos or free trials on a product.
- Sign up for eBooks, case studies, and so on.
12 Actionable ways to convert blog traffic to Customers
Now that we are familiar with the term "blog conversion," let's see how to convert blog readers to customers by using these "12 Actionable ways to convert blog traffic to Customers".
Knowing these steps is very crucial as a blog writer to help improve your blog conversion rate and reduce any blogging mistakes.
Conversion blog ideas that can be a game-changer for your website
1. Utilize your CTAs in your blog posts
Creating and making good use of CTAs (calls to action) is a big step toward blog conversion. In most cases, readers will visit your page to seek answers and leave immediately when they get them.
However, having simple CTAs at the end of your blog posts can be a game-changer. How so? Well, placing CTAs at the end of a blog post can trigger an action and lead readers to check out a product, which will in turn help to increase the traffic of your sales and website in general.
Also, your CTAs should be relevant are not pushy. It may scare away your website visitors if it's too pushy.
2. Know your ideal audience
Before you even start writing content for your blog posts, the first thing you need to know is your ideal audience. Knowing the right audience will help you decide on topics and subjects to write on, the writing styles, and the strategies to use in marketing your brand.
The second thing you need to establish is what your audience needs. It's highly recommended to analyze your audience instead of making assumptions. The best tool that can help you to understand your audience is the MonsterInsights tool. It's a great Google tool used for analytics for WordPress.
Here are reasons why the MonsterInsights tool is great for you:
- Converts the complicated data of a website into simple and easier reports for better understanding.
- Shows important insights about your audience, such as; where they come from and who they are.
- Very useful in showing you what's working, what you need to improve on, and how you can improve your blog conversion rate.
- Shows detailed reports for publishers illustrating landing pages that perform, exit pages, and valuable links.
- Calculates the average depth of scrolling which shows you how far website visitors read your blog posts before losing interest.
- Shows the search terms with the most clicks and overall impressions.
Go ahead and install the tool on WordPress and enjoy these unique features that will help you understand your crowd better so that you can compose blog posts that will convert.
For more assistance, visit the guide to setting up MonsterInsights.
Also, when identifying your perfect audience, try to consider the following factors:
- Marital status
- Hobbies & Interests
Once you have filled in the dots, you can now focus on writing blog posts that will perfectly fit your audience's needs.
3. Create content that will talk about your audience's pain points
One of the best ways to improve your blog conversion rate is by choosing topics that will address the pain points of your audience. Write on topics that will offer tips that can be used to help out a reader.
For instance, you can choose topics like;
- How to make money in simple ways.
- How to improve self-confidence.
- Top 10 reasons why you're not successful yet.
Writing on topics that talk about the pain points of your crowd will target readers who are looking for a solution to a particular problem, therefore attracting traffics that will boost your blog conversion rate. By offering your readers a solution to their problems, they'll be grateful to you and will eventually become your loyal customers.
However, it is important for you as a blog post writer to leave room for more questions from your readers. Don't give out everything when offering solutions to a particular pain point. Instead, make room for your visitors to contact you for further information and assistance.
You can make your visitors sign up to free trial newsletters or download a freebie to access more information or a solution about a pain point. This is a smart tactic that will improve your overall blog conversion.
4. Put much focus on what your customers care about
Once you figure out a specific thing that your audience wants to know more about, dive deep into it. For instance, if your blog post is about pets, and your audience seems to be more interested in money-related topics, you're wasting your time writing something that will not earn you traffic or improve your blog conversion.
Of course, pets are cute, and everyone wants to have them, but if you want to see your blogs convert, you better start writing about the topics that have your audience's most attention. Be smart and do well in one thing that is appreciated rather than trying to please everyone.
In addition, find out which topics bring more traffic to your website. If you gain more traffic on, let's say, topics that talk about beauty products, then you need to learn how you can target queries that address that particular subject.
You should ask yourself the following questions to help you focus on what your audience cares about:
- Which keywords is my audience likely looking for?
- Which topics are my customers most interested in?
- What specific words are missing, and what should I include in my content?
5. Create content in reference to the buying cycle
Before purchasing a product or service, most customers will go through a pattern called buying cycle. The buying cycle includes the following steps:
- Need; usually, a customer is well aware that they need a particular thing; they aren't just 100% certain what the thing is yet. For instance, consumer X just broke his television, and it stopped working. Obviously, it's a problem that needs to be fixed, but if the consumer is not an electrician, he won't know how to fix the television himself. Do you see the point? We've established that consumer X has a need to fix his TV.
- Initial research; the customer will try to find a solution to his problem. In the case of consumer X, he'll probably start looking for an expert who can fix his TV or decide to buy a new one depending on his budget.
- Final research; when our friend makes up his mind to purchase a new TV, all that he has to do is to find the right place to buy it.
- Purchase; Finally, consumer X buys his TV.
So, if you are aiming to create blogs that convert to sales, your target customers will be the ones stuck in the stage of "initial research." Your focus is to give valuable information and answers to the website visitors who land on your page.
Your content should be very persuasive such that your audience will be confident and convinced to go to final research and straight away purchase a product with you.
6. Create simple and easy blog posts to read
Creating content that is easy to read and understand should, in fact, be your utmost goal. Regardless of your audience or topics, all your blog posts should be formatted to attract your readers' attention in a precise yet informative way.
Observe the following points:
- Compose short paragraphs (2-3 sentences in a paragraph).
- Use short sentences.
- Write short and compelling subheadings.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists where necessary.
- Use a font and size that can be seen clearly.
- Make use of images to illustrate key points.
- Use boldface on headings or text to stress key points.
7. Avoid writing guesswork in your blog posts
When writing content for your audience, consider it as a road map that, when misleading, may lead to bad outcomes. Therefore, you should compose blogs that are accurate and content that will not mislead the public. Provide valid and reliable information in your blogs.
When you feed your audience with relevant and useful information, they will see you as a reliable source and keep coming for more, thus increasing traffic to your website. Also, include CTAs on sidebars and headers to direct blog traffics to your landing pages to avoid overwhelming the readers with a lot of different options.
8. Give freebies to your page visitors
Another useful way to convert blog traffics to customers is by using "lead magnets" to get the full attention of an audience. When readers visit a website, it is crucial that you learn to convert those visits into actions.
You can have your readers share their email addresses by signing up for a newsletter to get free updates, free eBooks, or free guides. Once they get the content they were looking for, you can later reach out to your readers and connect with them, ask whether they're facing any issues, and find out if you've solutions to their problems.
9. Customize your landing pages
Other than creating unique CTAs, you also need to build custom landing pages that will boost your blog conversion rate. Making unique landing pages that stick out from the rest will attract different visitors to your blog posts.
Generally, every visitor to a website has different tastes, interests, goals, and preferences. For this reason, you need to have customized landing pages to help you narrow down the interests of different visitors to your products or services. Once page visitors sign up via your landing page, make an introduction of yourself and build a relationship with your potential clients.
10. Make use of targeted popups
Implementing the use of popups on your page can greatly improve your blog conversion rate. For instance, you can use a popup of a certain offer but with a countdown on it. This will create urgency and urge your web visitors to check what the offer is about out. In the long run, those clicks by page visitors will boost your blog conversion.
11. Focus on building small talk with your audience
When reading blog posts, most readers aren't aiming to buy anything. It is your job to guide them step by step so that at the end of the reading, they can be convinced about a particular thing. Using topics that address pain points in a blog and including CTAs that offer a solution to specific problems is the first step to getting your readers to share their contact info with you. From there, establish simple talks with them to get to know what products or services they may need.
12. Include testimonials in your content
Testimonials appear to increase blog conversion by 25%. If you want to see, your blogs convert more, use testimonials in your blog post. Use quotes and integrate them with a story that will be compelling and increase the confidence of your claims.
Also read: A sample blog on Elon Musk's Wikipedia and his role in Tesla and SpaceX
What is a good blog conversion rate?
At this point, maybe you're wondering, what is a good blog conversion rate for a website? Well, the truth is blog conversion rates do vary depending on the type of business or pages that a user runs.
Conversion rate; refers to how frequently page visitors land on your website page and complete a specific action such as purchasing a product or service.
Typically, a good conversion rate is in the range of 2% to 5%. This is the average for many websites. If your website goes below this range, you will want to focus on improving your blog conversion rates.
Those websites that are optimized greatly can achieve a conversion rate of 10-11%. While just a few sites achieve this, you shouldn't stop at a 5% level.
Importance of blog posts that convert
- They help to drive more traffic to your website; every time a reader visits your pages or signs up for your services, i.e., newsletters, this improves the traffic to your website with each visit.
- They help to convert traffic into specific leads; when you gain traffic to your site and visitors decide to sign up for your services, this can lead to actions such as a purchase of a product or a service.
- A blog post that converts will help you achieve your long-term goals; If you want to grow your business through blog posts, having a higher blog conversion rate can help you attain your goals through the increase in traffic and sales.
- Grows your brand as a business or individual; a blog that converts will build your business's brand. When you share valuable information through blogs and get positive feedback from your customer, you're basically building a name for yourself.
- Improves your sales funnel; a blog that converts will attract more potential customers who may buy your product.
Blog Conversion FAQs
Here are some FAQs on blog conversion:
Q: What is a conversion funnel?
Conversion funnel; a way that you can visualize the connection between your business and your customers or subscribers, from the moment they knew about your services until they actually become your customers.
Q: What is a conversion rate optimization blog?
The conversion rate optimization blog is all about improving blog conversions using the web traffic of your website. It involves optimization by tweaking web pages to increase the number of visitors who will take action while on your page.
Q: What is a conversion goal?
When talking about the "conversion goal," it is your expectations after optimizing a web page or a blog post. Usually, people expect to get high traffic and attract more page visitors and subscribers.
Q: Is there the importance of doing analytics for your page conversions?
Doing analytics using a tool such as Google Analytics is important to help keep tabs on your conversion rate and see where to improve.
Q: How do you calculate your page's conversion rate?
The conversion rate is usually expressed as a percentage (%). Take the number of page visitors or subscribers and the number of people who take action/convert. Let's say you have 1000 visitors, and 70 take action, your conversion rate will be (70/1000 * 1000) or 7%.
Knowing what needs to be done to see your blog conversion rate increase is the first step. The other important thing to do is to learn and put into practice these conversion blog ideas.
Also, use the discussed "12 actionable ways to convert blog traffic to customers" to know how to convert blog readers to customers and write blogs that actually convert.
Hope to see your amazing blogs convert! However, if you're still hesitant about writing your own blogs because you feel you're not good enough, don't stress out; you can seek professional help. For ideal blog writing services, you can hire our talented blog writers at Wiki Pages Creator. Further, You can also explore related topics such as the common types of blogs.
Get ahead of your competitors and establish your brand’s authority with a Wikipedia page
No related posts found
We could not find anything here